Sugar Free Chocolate Chia Pudding!
Who didn’t love chocolate pudding as a child!? I know I did!
That creamy, chocolaty flavor was always so delish!
Here’s the good news…You don’t have to sacrifice that chocolate pudding, even when you’re eating healthy, you just simply change up the ingredients!
The problem with the typical chocolate puddings you buy in the stores is, they tend to be loaded with refined sugar or artificial sweeteners, as well as other additives.
When you make a homemade version, you have full control over the ingredients you use! Also, after you buy the ingredients once, you tend to have enough to make so much more compared to how much you would have to spend in the stores to buy the same amount of the bad stuff!
Health Benefits of the Chocolate Chia Pudding!
This pudding recipe is:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Sugar free
- Paleo friendly
- Packed with cell protective antioxidants from the cacao
- Loaded with healthy fats from the chia seeds and the full fat coconut milk
Author: Michael Sharp
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour of refrigeration
Yields: 5 small mason jar size servings
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 30 drops of liquid stevia
- 6 ½ tbsp of raw chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt/pink Himalayan salt
- Place entire can of full fat coconut milk in a pot and place on medium heat
- Wait until the milk gets warm-hot (not boiling)
- Add cacao powder and stir until fully combined
- Add stevia and vanilla extract and stir
- Take off the heat and let cool slightly
- Add chia seeds and salt
- Continuously stir until mixture starts to thicken
- Let the mixture sit for a minute, then come back to it and stir again
- Once mixture has thickened to a pudding consistency, section out into 5 small mason jars
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour until consuming
- Can be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days!